December 3, 2021
The combination of single-cable connectivity and POSITAL’s cost-efficient kit encoders provides motor manufacturers and machine builders absolute position feedback for their devices in an economical and efficient way. A single-cable approach to motor connectivity reduces component count and simplifies installation procedures. By supporting both 2- and 4-wire implementations of the BiSS Line interface, POSITAL ensures compatibility with PLCs and controllers from most major manufacturers.
Get to the pulse of sensing with POSITAL kit encoders
POSITAL KIT encoders offer you smart, maintenance-free and cost-efficient solutions for the most challenging tasks in real time motion feedback. Fusion of sensing technologies results in an unprecedented hollow shaft design with uninterruptable, battery-free multiturn function, powered by Wiegand pulse with every rotation. Gear-free, compact and economically optimized concept is ideal for integration into servo, stepper motors and robotic arms of various mechanical configurations. Enhanced signal processing software enables high-resolution rotary position measurement.
Absolute Kit Encoders: On-Axis
- Battery and gear-free multiturn solid and hub shaft
- Singleturn Resolution up to 17 bit
- Compact design: 36 mm in diameter (22 mm coming soon)
- Multiple Open Source Interfaces: BiSS-C, BiSS Line, 2 or 4 wires, SSI
- One Cable Technology for BiSS Line
- Temperature range: -40° to +105°C
- To learn more click here
Absolute Kit Encoders: Hollow Shaft
- Battery and gear-free multiturn hollow shaft
- Resolution up to 19 bit, accuracy ± 0,02
- Slim design: 18mm thickness
- Open Source Interfaces BiSS-C (SSI under development)
- No calibration required
- Suited for applications in robotic arms and motors
- To learn more click here
Incremental Kit Encoders
- Pulse count up to 1024
- A, B, Z channels, TTL or RS 422 outputs
- Quick and simple assembly
- Cost efficient feedback solution
- Can easily be upgraded to the absolute multiturn kit
- Direct replacement for the Avago HEDS/HEDM 5500-5600 Series
- Contact POSITAL for a datasheet here
POSITAL’s kit encoders can provide a compact and economic solution for the elctrical motor and robotics industries. Their insensitivity to harsh working conditions and battery-less rotation counter make them ideal for a wide range of applications and uses that range from industrial robots to stepper and servo motors.
The BiSS Interface (bidirectional/serial/synchronous) protocol is an – Open Source – digital interface which enables a digital, serial and secure communication between controller, sensor and actuator.
The BiSS protocol is used on the lower sensor/actuator communication level in industrial applications which require transfer rates, safety, flexibility and a minimized implementation effort.