Toshiba: INCREASED PROTECTION FOR HARSH ENVIRONMENTS
January 2, 2019
Toshiba’s AS3 UL Type 12/IP55 adjustable speed drive is designed to withstand harsh environments and features built-in communications, allowing end-users to access real-time data and refined controls to maximize system performance.
- Increased Protection – From falling water, splashing water, dust, dirt, lint and fibers to operate in the harshest of environments.
- Industry 4.0/IoT (Internet of Things) – Industry 4.0 is the evolution of manufacturing, empowering businesses to learn and adjust from data available through connected manufacturing.
- Dual Port Ethernet IP – Enables simple connection of multiple AS3s on one network, simplifying cable management.
- Embedded Web Server – Allows for quick access to Ethernet IP setup, parameters, and real-time monitoring for diagnostics. Accessible through standard web browsers on PC, tablets, and smart phones.
- Built-in LCD Display & Advanced Keypad – Multi-language LCD display, remote mounting, available IP65 cover, transfer/save parameters, real-time clock for fault logging, and calendar functionality.
- QR Codes – Displayed when troubleshooting faults or alarms, providing immediate access to a dedicated web link for maintenance and support.
- STO Terminal – Detachable terminal strip meets IEC directives for safety with full implementation of Safe-Torque Off, which quickly shuts down the system in the event of an emergency stop.
- Permanent Magnet Motor Control – For control of permanent magnet (PM) motors with higher torque and efficiency values.
- Pump Control – Multi-PID control with sleep function and the ability to autonomously control booster pumps based on system demands or operating a secondary PID control loop.
- ASD Pro Software – Toshiba’s programming software, which allows the user to utilize logic-type programming without the expense of a micro PLC.