Aug 4, 2021
Pilz Canada has released a new product range, the PNOZmulti 2 small controller expansion modules.
Modular Expansion – Simple, Flexible, Cost-Optimized
Have you selected the appropriate base unit for your application? Various expansion modules can be docked on to a PNOZmulti 2 base unit, depending on the requirement: For example: I/O modules, motion monitoring modules and link modules.
We offer a modular, scalable solution for each application. You only pay for the functionality that you need in your application.
With just a few clicks you can put the hardware configuration together in the software tool PNOZmulti Configurator. The software helps you with the positioning.
Safe motion monitoring with the new module PNOZ m EF 1MM2DO
The safe motion monitoring modules for the configurable controllers PNOZmulti 2 ensure your drives are monitored safely. The PNOZ m EF 1MM2DO module has two safe semiconductor outputs plus a cascading input and output. The expansion module monitors one axis in conjunction with a base unit PNOZ m B0 or PNOZ m B1.
You can configure the safe motion monitoring module in the software tool PNOZmulti Configurator from Version 10.13. For each module you can create an independent module program (mIQ) for direct control of the safe digital outputs.
- Fast reaction time to motion events, which are shut down by the outputs in under 12 ms.
- If set limit values are exceeded this is reported and, in the event of a fault and if detection zones/protected areas are violated, PNOZmulti 2 triggers a safe, reliable reaction.
- If the whole system switches to a STOP state, a delayed shutdown can be configured.
- The shutdown can be linked to additional modules via the integrated cascading input and output. Should one module shut down, then linked modules will also be shut down via cascading.
- All common incremental encoders can be connected using drive-specific connection cable via the industry-compatible Mini I/O interface, which is characterised by particularly high stability.
Your benefits when using the expansion modules PNOXmulti 2
- Fast time-to-market, as inputs and outputs are freely configurable with the software tool PNOZmulti Configurator
- Simple and economical modular expansion – finely scalable based on the application and the required number of inputs and outputs
- Faster reaction times and short cycle times due to the independent module program (mIQ), available with decentralised processing directly within the module for selected expansion modules
- Large-scale applications possible as the base units can be linked
- Decentralised expansion in the field with safe sensor technology
Go HERE for more product information.