June 13, 2022
Celera Motion, an award-winning business unit of Novanta Inc., recently announced it was expanding its innovative direct drive motor platform, the Omni+™ Series. Powerful and efficient, the Omni+ Series is designed for optimal system integration, with a range of axial lengths and winding options. Known for exceling in motion smoothness and torque density, the pre-engineered frameless motor kit series has now been expanded to include a new size: the Omni+ 100 mm.
“The Omni+ Series delivers a ‘magic combination’ of motion smoothness and high torque density while offering an ideal form factor,” said Mike Mainvielle, VP Product Management & Marketing of Celera Motion. “The motor kits are easy to integrate into a wide variety of applications, including surgical robots, satellite communications and collaborative robots. We’re very pleased to see so many companies embracing all that the Omni+ Series has to offer.”
The OMNI+ Series motors are designed to provide higher torque density and ultra-low cogging, resulting in smooth motion, lower power dissipation and decreased temperature rise. The technology provides high speeds and accelerations with superior mechanical stiffness, reducing settling times and increasing system performance and throughput.
Among the benefits of the Omni+ Series:
- •An innovative electromagnetic design that delivers elite torque density and a compact form factor;
- •A large ID-to-OD ratio for convenient routing of cables, optics and other system elements;
- •Size compatibility with common strain wave gears and a wide range of motor drives, enabling easy integration;
- •Minimal cogging for accurate and smooth motion;
- •Custom windings and form factors available to meet application requirements.
The Omni+ Series fits simply into geared robotic joints, direct drive rotary stages or actuator applications for efficient utilization of space.
- •Surgical robotics
- •Exoskeletons and wearables
- •Satellite communications
- •UAV gimbals
- •Collaborative robots
Celera Motion, a Novanta company, introduced the Omni+ series in 2020. In addition to the Omni+ 100, Celera Motion offers the Omni+ 60 mm and the Omni+ 70 mm. More sizes are planned.
To learn more about the Omni+ Series, click here