Single-Phase Solid State Soft-Starters from Carlo Gavazzi Automation Components
February 4, 2019
The RGTS Series is a fully solid state solution. Wire bonding technology reduces the thermal and mechanical stresses of the output chips resulting in a longer lifetime compared to other assembled technologies or electro-mechanical solutions. The RGTS is a very simple soft starter requiring just two user adjustments. The motor ramp-up time, and initial torque, can be independently adjusted via the built-in potentiometers. The green LED indicates the supply voltage presence. The ramp-up and full-voltage indication are provided through an orange LED. The RGTS does not require a dedicated control signal. Hence less wiring is involved. Despite its simplicity, the RGTSsolution that can help to reduce motor starting current by 40% compared to a direct on-line start.
The RGTS Series features include:
- 1-phase soft-starter
- All solid-state device, no bypass relays
- Universal 120-240VAC line voltage rating
- Controlled by line voltage
- Option for VAC or VDC supply voltage
- Maximum current rating 12, 16 or 25AAC
- Up to 10 starts per hour at rated current
- Voltage ramp-up control algorithm
- Status indicating LEDs
- CE approved, cULus listed
The RGTS is an ideal solution for simple applications such as centrifugal pumps, compressors, and fans that do not require a start capacitor.
For more information go HERE