April 6, 2021
High-end operator devices for sophisticated HMI applications
SIMATIC HMI Comfort Panels are designed for implementation of high-performance visualization applications on the machine-level. High performance, functionality and numerous integrated interfaces offer the greatest convenience in high-end applications.SIMATIC HMI Comfort Panels Standard devices form the technological basis for specialised variants like IP65 protected devices, panels with a stainless steel front, or for outdoor applications as well as coated versions.
SIMATIC HMI Comfort Panels – Brilliant, intelligent and practical
SIMATIC HMI Comfort Panels are designed for implementation of high-performance visualization applications on the machine-level. High performance, functionality and numerous integrated interfaces offer the greatest convenience in high-end applications.
The SIMATIC HMI Comfort Panels are the first choice for solving complex HMI applications.
They feature state-of-the-art technology, outstanding performance as well as integrated functionality and come in high quality aluminum fronts from size 7” or larger.
SIMATIC HMI Comfort Panels are seamlessly integrated in the TIA Portal via WinCC. This innovative engineering framework represents the key to the full performance capacity of Totally Integrated Automation.
Brilliant displays in widescreen format
- – Up to 40% larger visualization area than conventional displays: Complex operating screens can also be clearly displayed and divided into sections for application control and application monitoring.
- – The high resolution, 16 million colors, and a wide viewing angle up to 170°, allow optimal readability and a detailed process display
- – Minimized energy demand and maximized display service life: The brightness of the LED backlight can be dimmed by up to 100% to adapt to the lighting conditions of the application.
- – The Comfort Panels which were the first widescreen SIMATIC product family received the well-known iF product design award in 2012.
Energy efficiency due to PROFIenergy
- – PROFIenergy actively controls the current consumption of all automation components
- – Disconnection of individual loads or entire production units when they are not required
- – Coordinated switching ensures a high degree of plant reliability
- – Continuous investment protection through easy integration in existing standards
Maximum data security if power fails
- – In case of a power failure, Comfort Panels buffer sufficient energy to correctly terminate all active archives and to back up the data already archived in RDB format. This ensures the retention of all data in the archive in a cost-efficient manner and without the use of a maintenance-intensive battery.
- – To fully ensure the retention of individual, not yet archived data, the use of an uninterruptible power supply unit is recommended
Precise diagnostics made easy
- – Increased plant availability
- – When connected to SIMATIC Controllers, diagnostic information can be read out directly via the Comfort Panel
- – Cost savings – no additional diagnostic hardware is required
Easy to operate
- – Intuitive, fast entries due to familiar and easy-to-operate operator control similar to that of a mobile phone keypad
- – Eased user guidance thanks to function keys with LEDs
- – Additional operating reliability through tactile feedback of all keys – for example important when working with gloves
More interfaces – less hardware costs
- – Easy integration in existing system structures and networks thanks to PROFIBUS and PROFINET standard interfaces
- – From 7“ device upwards: 2 PROFINET interfaces with integrated network switch
- – From 15“ upwards: Additional third PROFINET interface
- – Audio In/Audio Out interface for playback of sound files via integrated Media Player
- – Easy connection of external devices (printers, USB flash drives, mouse, keyboard, etc.) via 2 integrated USB host interfaces
Optimum convenience during commissioning and servicing
- – Simple download of projects via low-cost standard cables.
- – All Ethernet settings can already be made during configuration
- – Continuously saved device image through automatic backup of all data on SD card
- – Simple transfer of panel data to replacement device: Replug SD card – confirm – get going