November 12, 2021
Highly dynamic, high-precision and high-performance drives are essential wherever heavy external loads need to be moved quickly and positioned exactly. CM3C synchronous servomotors combine precisely these features and are also exceptionally compact and space-saving.
The lowest possible ratio of load moment of inertia to motor moment of inertia is key for transporting heavy loads from A to B at high speed and with great precision. CM3C series servomotors thus boast increased inertia. The synchronous motors are therefore particularly suited to all automation, handling, and transport applications for heavy goods with a correspondingly high mass moment of inertia. With their four sizes – 63, 71, 80 and 100 – they can cover standstill torques from 2.7 to 40 Nm.
The servomotors are also exceptionally small and space-saving, while the option of mounting gear units to the motor directly eliminates the need for adapters and couplings. Short-term overload capacity and smooth surfaces (hygiene-friendly design) make the medium-inertia servomotors particularly robust and dust-repellent. In addition, the rotors, which are equipped with permanent magnets, deliver a very high level of efficiency, thus ensuring exceptionally energy-efficient operation.
Flexibility and reliability are also key features of the brakes available for the servomotors. Alongside the 24 V holding brake typical for servomotors, users can also choose an optional brake with increased working capacity. Thanks to this equipment, the synchronous motors can even handle applications where emergency braking is needed. Requirements of this kind are typical in machine automation, handling gantries and trolley drives.
Thanks to our modular system, the highly flexible CM3C series servomotors can be adapted to meet specific needs. At the same time, single-cable technology means they can be installed quickly and integrated intelligently into state-of-the-art Industry 4.0 concepts.
- 4 sizes 63, 71, 80 and100 in 3 lengths S, M and L
- Compact and powerful thanks to cutting-edge magnet and winding technology
- RH1M resolver
- Adjustable right-angle flange sockets
- PK (PT1000) temperature sensor
- IP65 protection
- Long bearing service life
- High permitted overhung loads
- Stand-alone servomotor or direct gear unit mounting
- Virtually no perceptible cogging
- Continuous standstill torques (M 0) from 2.7 to 40 Nm
- Maximum torques (M PK) of up to 115.5 Nm
- Up to 4 rated speeds:
2000 min -1, 3000 min -1, 4500 min -1, 6000 min -1
- Condition monitoring and extensive options for fault diagnostics with the digital MOVILINK ® DDI motor interface
- Optimized operation on MOVIDRIVE ® inverters from the MOVI‑C ® modular automation system
- Forced cooling fan for enhanced thermal motor capacity utilization
- Terminal box
- Safety-rated design with brake and encoder
- Explosion-proof design: ATEX and IECEx
- All standard approvals (UL, CSA, EAC, UkrSEPRO)
Compatible non-SEW encoder systems:
- DRIVE‑CLiQ from Siemens for operation using standard Siemens Sinumerik and Sinamics controllers
- 2 from HEIDENHAIN
- HIPERFACE DSL from SICK Stegmann
For more information, click here