June 29, 2023
- World’s first software-centric industrial automation system, claims Schneider
- IEC61499 standard for interoperability
- Enables more sustainable industrial operations
- Improves IT and OT integration across consumer-packaged goods, logistics, manufacturing plants, and water and wastewater treatment facilities
Schneider Electric, a global leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, has announced the launch of EcoStruxureTM Automation Expert V23.0 (EcoStruxureTM Automation Expert) for the Canadian market.
EcoStruxureTM Automation Expert V23.0 is the latest version of the world’s first software-centric industrial automation system, Schneider claims. The solution represents a new approach to designing, building, operating, and maintaining industrial automation systems by enabling automation software to be separated from the hardware.
EcoStruxureTM Automation Expert is part of Schneider Electric’s broader vision of universal automation, a world of plug and produce automation applications that share a common runtime. The solution is an ecosystem that works like an app store for automation where vendors, end users, system integrators and OEMs share a common automation software layer across automation technology. This technological collaboration is driving the development of portable and interoperable automation solutions industrial enterprises can easily integrate regardless of the brand.
“We’re removing technology barriers by providing freedom for enterprises to break their dependency on proprietary industrial automation systems,” says Hugo Lafontaine, Vice President, Industrial Automation & EcoStruxure, Schneider Electric Canada. “EcoStruxureTM Automation Expert is like a user-friendly control panel that allows you to monitor and manage different aspects of industrial operations. We can think of it as a smart system that can communicate with different machines, devices, and sensors in a factory, and help them work together more efficiently.”Hugo Lafontaine, Vice President, Industrial Automation & EcoStruxure, Schneider Electric Canada
EcoStruxureTM Automation Expert is a cyber secure solution enabling factories, water and wastewater treatment facilities, and manufacturing plants to be more efficient, effective, and future-proof. The technology also frees up engineers to innovate and focus on high-value work by automating low-value and repetitive tasks.
EcoStruxureTM Automation Expert V23.0 features include:
- Enhanced integration with AVEVA System Platform to reuse graphics from existing applications for faster system design. EcoStruxureTM Automation Expert can connect to AVEVA Engineering and import plant design data for automated bulk engineering. It also enables scalable visualization for the enterprise control room by integrating with AVEVA System Platform
- A new graphical editor for procedural automation which improves operational effectiveness
- Multi-OS compatibility with the EcoStruxureTM Automation Expert HMI and archive, now available on Linux and Windows, which allows users to develop similar objects across all compatible operating systems
- Enables internal or external entities to work together to create the best solution to solve specific market challenges
Digital-first industrial enterprises and factories using EcoStruxureTM Automation Expert can attain increases in reliability, productivity, and sustainability from safe and secure operations that easily adapt to market changes and customer demands. The solution optimizes cost and performance with best in breed components since the software is vendor agnostic and separated from hardware.
To learn more about EcoStruxtureTM Automation Expert, please visit the Schneider Electric website or contact your local Schneider Electric representative for a quotation.
Schneider Electric announced the appointment of Hugo Lafontaine to the position of Vice President, Industry, Canada. Hugo will lead the company’s automation business in Canada, bringing smart, connected and sustainable digital technology and next-generation solutions to guide the advancement of industries of the future.
“Industry 4.0 is an important driver for innovation and economic growth in Canada, and I’m excited to lead our customers’ Industry 4.0 journey by bringing digital and energy-efficient solutions for their factory floor,” said Hugo Lafontaine, Vice President, Industry, Canada.