Schneider Electric Extends Award-Winning Galaxy UPS Series with the Galaxy VS for Critical Infrastructure and Edge Applications
April 8, 2019
Schneider Electric has recently introduced the Galaxy VS, a highly efficient, modular, easy-to-deploy, 10-100 kW, three-phase Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) designed to meet the critical power requirements of IT, commercial, and industrial facilities.
With its compact and flexible design, the Galaxy VS addresses the unique requirements of edge computing and small data centers where space and access are at a premium. Up to 99% efficient and with optional Lithium-ion batteries, doubling battery life, the Galaxy VS Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) is unmatched in the industry.
“With its impressive TCO and availability, the Galaxy VS is a new technically superior offer that resonates with customers because it solves numerous modernization challenges while providing Schneider Electric reliability,” said Christopher Thompson, Vice President, 3 Phase Line of Business, Schneider Electric. “Our newest UPS strikes the right balance for edge and cloud customers who need innovative solutions that are easy to deploy in this hybrid ecosystem. With its compact, modular design, the Galaxy VS can deploy faster and in a smaller space than traditional UPSs, saving users time and money.”
The innovative and robust Galaxy VS is also EcoStruxure Ready. Site managers or technical personnel can remotely monitor their Galaxy VS system status anytime, anywhere with the smartphone app.
Galaxy VS benefits include:
- Cost savings: Provides up to 99% efficiency when operated in Schneider’s patented ECOnversion mode and up to 97% efficiency in double conversion mode.
- Footprint savings: Compact design provides high-density technology especially suited to confined spaces with full front access for easy and fast connection and services.
- Longer life energy storage: Lithium-ion battery technology options restore backup time quickly, protect your load even during repeated power interruptions, and provide longer life than traditional battery solutions.
- Increased uptime and simplified maintenance: Critical system components are built as modules with a fault-tolerant design. This provides internal redundancy at reduced load levels and a shorter mean time to repair.
- EcoStruxure Ready: Makes it easy to manage with global visibility of equipment performance and status supported with a 24×7 expert service bureau.
- Green Premium certified, offering sustainable business performance by design.
The Galaxy VS, which has a wide power range from 20 kW to 100 kW (400V & 480V) and 10-50 kW (208V) with one global platform, is now available worldwide through Schneider Electric and its partners.
For more information go HERE