Configurable Control Systems PNOZmulti 2 – Base Units
July 27, 2020
The basis for your application.
Multifunctional, freely configurable and tailor-made: the base units PNOZmulti 2 are used in virtually every area of plant and mechanical engineering. PNOZmulti can be used to monitor safety functions safely and to perform standard control functions economically.
All the necessary functions are created on the PC using the ingeniously simple configuration software PNOZmulti Configurator. The completed configuration is loaded into the base unit via a USB port. A further benefit is the exchangeable program memory. The base unit PNOZ m B1 uses a USB stick; the PNOZ m B0 uses a chip card.
Safe firing and more with the small controllers PNOZmulti 2
The safe small controllers PNOZmulti 2 have a new base unit for safe control and monitoring of furnaces. The base unit is supported from Version 10.12 of the software tool PNOZmulti Configurator and is equipped with a burner element (function block), which emulates the advanced functionality of a flexible, configurable electronic automatic burner control system. As a result it is easy to configure a large number of burner applications.
These include different burner types, for example master or slave burners, direct or indirect ignition, low or high temperature mode and many more. The software element has been tested and certified in accordance with the relevant European standards, including EN 298 and EN 50156, plus the North American standard NFPA 85/86. The base unit can be used on thermoprocessing and steam boiler plants.
Your application advantages:
- Flexible and safe design for your furnace
- Saves a lot of time when planning and engineering, as even complex safety applications can be implemented simply and quickly with just one small controller
- Ability to connect to numerous automation environments and communication systems
- Maximum safety due to tested, certified hardware and software elements
See for yourself: download the free demo version of the software tool!
Benefits to you
- Tailor-made costs because of an exact match for the application, thanks to the use of expansion modules
- Short downtimes and high plant availability thanks to connection to all common fieldbus systems via corresponding modules
- User-friendly diagnostic options
- Maximum safety – depending on the application up to PL e of EN ISO 13849-1 and SIL CL 3 of IEC 62061.
An overview of the features
- Illuminated display for faster commissioning and simple diagnostics
- Display of error messages, state of the supply voltage, inputs and outputs, status and device information, customised texts
- Max. 4 expansion modules can be connected on the left, plus max. 1 communication module and 1 fieldbus module
- Plug-in connection terminals – either spring-loaded or screw terminals (available as accessories)
- Exchangeable program memory
- Diagnostic interface
PNOZ m B1 Burner – for safe control and monitoring of furnaces
- From Version 10.12 of the software tool PNOZmulti Configurator a burner element (function block) is available, which emulates the advanced functionality of a flexible, configurable electronic automatic burner control system
- Software element has been tested and certified in accordance with the relevant European standards, including EN 298 and EN 50156, plus the North American standard UL 60730.
- For example: monitoring of safety sequences, combustion air pressure, ignition, flame, external compound controller and tightness control etc.; including plant-dependent safety functions
can be used on thermoprocessing and steam boiler plants
PNOZ m B1 – for large projects
- Fine granularity of the application – no inputs or outputs on the base unit, number is controlled based on the type of I/O modules used
- Maximum flexibility even on large projects – up to 12 safe expansion modules and 1 output module for standard applications can be connected on the right
- Safe configuration of large projects – up to 1,024 connection lines in the PNOZmulti Configurator (from Version 10)
- Faster communication – integrated Ethernet interfaces and Modbus/TCP on-board
- USB stick as storage medium, multiple projects can be stored on the USB stick
PNOZ m B0 – the universal option
- 20 safe inputs, up to 8 can be configured as auxiliary outputs
- 4 safe semiconductor outputs, up to PL e, SIL CL 3 depending on the application
- 4 test pulse outputs, up to 4 can be configured as standard outputs
- Max. 6 expansion modules can be connected on the right
- Up to 256 connection lines in the PNOZmulti Configurator
- Chip card as storage medium
- Up to 80% less power consumption compared with similar products
Base units of PNOZmulti 2: many functions – one solution
Can be connected to the base unit: E-STOP pushbuttons, two-hand buttons, safety gate limit switches, light barriers, scanners, enable switches, safety gate switches, PSEN sensor technology, operating mode selector switches, pressure-sensitive mats, sensors.