Mitsubishi Electric Releases FR-E800 General Purpose Inverter Series
September 16, 2019
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation announced recently that it will release the FR-E800 series power inverters, with a range of 44 new models, from December 9. The new series, with safety functionality meeting IEC 61508 standards, supports various networks such as CC-Link IE TSN, a next-generation open industrial network, and make manufacturing smarter in various fields by integrating the world’s first corrosive gas environment detection circuit and the industry’s first AI-based diagnostic functions. From April 2020, Mitsubishi Electric will release successive new models with safety communication features such as safely-limited speed, similarly conforming to relevant IEC standards. The product range will be further expanded to a total of 120 models.
- 1)Various networks supported, enabling smart factories and facilities
- Ethernet models and safety communication models support various open industrial networks such as CC-Link IE TSN, Ethernet/IP, and MODBUS/TCP. This will contribute to productivity improvement and energy saving at facilities including infrastructure such as air conditioning units and water treatment facilities.
- 2)Downtime reduction owing to predictive maintenance and data analysis
- Integrating the world’s first corrosive gas environment detection circuit makes it possible to identify signs of inverter damage caused by hydrogen sulfide or other corrosive gases, reducing equipment downtime.
- Maisart®*3 is integrated in the inverter setup software FR Configurator2. The causes of downtime such as overcurrent caused by bursts of acceleration are analyzed using the industry’s first AI-based diagnostic functions, helping to reduce such downtime.
- *3Mitsubishi Electric’s AI creates the State-of-the- ART in technology
- 3)Safety functions to ensure safe operation of equipment (to be supported from April 2020)
- The safety of operators is ensured by the incorporation of safety functions conforming to international standards.
- The motor speed is calculated based on the current value or other data without using speed detectors when the safely-limited speed function is used. This will contribute to reductions in the use of wiring and to cost savings.