September 16, 2019
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) announced today its coming launch of a low-cost half-bridge driver high-voltage (600V) integrated circuit (HVIC) that achieves low pricing and high noise resistance by emphasizing basic functions. The new HVIC, designed for circuits that drive power semiconductors in low capacity inverter systems, is expected to lower the power consumption of white goods, electric bikes and industrial equipment. Sales will begin on October 18, 2019.
HVICs that drive power semiconductors in inverter systems are in increasing demand for use in motor control systems that help to save energy and improve the performance of consumer products and industrial equipment. Mitsubishi Electric HVICs combine highly reliability, cost effectiveness and compact designs.
- 1)Low-price, highly noise-resistant HVIC solution contributes to inverter systems reliability
- Optimized circuit design and rationalized materials help to reduce price
- Enhanced system reliability realizes high noise resistance, using embedded layer to suppress latch-up malfunctions at switching (low-resistance diffusion layer directly under element reduces impedance directly below element, suppressing malfunctions due to mutual influence of all elements)
- Optimized floating circuits improve signal transmission accuracy in high-side circuits (high-voltage circuit for driving high-side devices isolated from ground)
- 2)Compatible with existing M81736FP product for replacements
- Compatible external profile (8-pin small outline package), pin layout and electrical properties enable drastically simplified replacement of existing product (M81736FP)