October 19, 2020
The new FBS-2UH gear unit series from Harmonic Drive features a large, hollow shaft with a compact outer diameter. The extra large hollow shaft is ideal for robots and machines requiring complex cabling to pass through the axis of rotation.
The new gear unit design features Harmonic Drive’s “S” tooth profile for optimal tooth engagement resulting in high torque, high-torsional stiffness, long life and smooth rotation.
The FBS-2UH Series is available in two sizes (25, 32) and three ratios (30:1, 50:1, and 100:1).
Key features include:
- – Extra large hollow-shaft diameter is our largest yet for a standard product
- – Compact dimensions for use in robotics
- – Outer diameter and hollow bore optimized for design flexibility and performance
- – Zero Backlash
- – Accuracy <1 arc-min
- – High torsional stiffness
- – High efficiency
- – Smooth operation
- – Robust cross roller output bearing